Welty Engineering, Inc. is an established engineering firm in Modesto, CA seeking a qualified structural designer to support our growing structural engineering project demands. The qualified candidate should have extensive experience in the design and detailing of steel and concrete structures with exposure to wood design and detailing. Also a working knowledge of the means and methods of construction to support their design and detailing abilities is a definite plus.
· Proficient in AutoCAD and the Architecture platform.
· Proficient in 2D & 3D structural design and detailing emphasizing in steel and concrete construction.
· Ability to accurately read and interpret plans.
· A working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures performed in the structural industry with emphasis in steel and concrete construction.
· Problem solving skills to anticipate and resolve potential construction difficulties during the design phase.
· Familiar with the 2016 California Building Code, ADA Standards, Cal/OSHA.
· Ability to work with engineers, architects, clients and governing agency staff in a professional manner.
· Ability to take field measurements and gather field data to assist in project design and engineering.
· Extreme attention to detail.
Work Related To But Not Limited To
Industrial & Agricultural Steel Structures, Aluminum Catwalks & Support Structures, Concrete Tilt-Ups, Concrete Structures & Foundations, Food Processing Buildings, Pressure Tanks and Non Pressure Tanks & Anchorage, Residential and Commercial Wood Structures.
· Hourly Rate Based on Experience
· Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
· Paid Holidays
· Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Group Life Insurance
High school diploma (Required)
Technical Training and/or BS (Preferred)